Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for November 25th, 2011

Originally published in an unknown newspaper, June 30, 1953

The building was originally located on Lawson Hill and was moved to Black Diamond about 40 years ago by the Pacific Coast Coal Co. Harry McDowell later bought it from the coal company and operated a general store. After his death, Mrs. McDowell sold it in 1947 to the Zumek brothers.

The building was originally located on Lawson Hill and was moved to Black Diamond about 40 years ago by the Pacific Coast Coal Co. Harry McDowell later bought it from the coal company and operated a general store. After his death, Mrs. McDowell sold it in 1947 to the Zumek brothers.

The Zumek brothers, of Black Diamond, to many people in the community need no introduction. These boys not only operate Black Diamond’s Modern Grocery and Meat Market, but they are all very civic-minded, and are a real asset to the community. (more…)

Read Full Post »