Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for May 4th, 2014

Originally published in the Black Diamond Bulletin, Summer 2012

By Bill Kombol

The Hanson family home on Lake Sawyer, built in 1926, remained in the family until 1998. This December 20, 1939, photo is courtesy King County Assessor Property Record Card collection, Washington State Archives, Puget Sound Branch.

The Hanson family home on Lake Sawyer, built in 1926, remained in the family until 1998. This December 20, 1939, photo is courtesy King County Assessor Property Record Card collection, Washington State Archives, Puget Sound Branch.

The first cabin on the lake was built by Carl Magnus Hanson, upon homesteading 160 acres for which a deed was received 7 years later.

The property encompassed an area that now stretches from the boat launch park, west to the Lake Sawyer Road, north to S.E. 288th Street, and then east to the site of the historic Hanson family home on the most prominent peninsula in the northwest quadrant of the lake. (more…)

Advertisements

Read Full Post »