Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for May 23rd, 2014

Originally published in the Voice of the Valley, August 5, 2008

By Bill Kombol

This building was constructed around 1925 by John and Mary Rudge together with a nearby gas station called Jack's Place.

This building was constructed around 1925 by John and Mary Rudge together with a nearby gas station called Jack’s Place.

This 1940 photo shows a resort building located above the Green River Gorge on the east side of the historic, single-lane bridge that now connects the Green River Gorge Road to the Enumclaw-Franklin Road.

This building was constructed around 1925 by John and Mary Rudge together with a nearby gas station called Jack’s Place. In 1921-22, the Rudges had purchased two parcels totaling 13 acres for $1,860. John Rudge was a Welsh coal miner from nearby Cumberland. (more…)

Advertisements

Read Full Post »