Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for April 8th, 2016

Originally published in the Black Diamond Bulletin, Spring 2013

By Frank Hammock

Restaurants in historic buildings dish up heaping helpings of hospitality

Koerner’s Drug, 1925, now Black Diamond Pizza & Deli. (Courtesy Washington State Historical Society, Asahel Curtis negative number 48373.)

Koerner’s Drug, 1925, now Black Diamond Pizza & Deli. (Courtesy Washington State Historical Society, Asahel Curtis negative number 48373.)

In and around our community, several restaurants that reside in historic buildings have stood the test of time and rouse an interest in our area’s colorful past.

Many businesses have come and gone, but the buildings remain and continue to warm the hearts of those in search of a pinch of nostalgia with a dash of modern charm. (more…)

Read Full Post »