Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for November 19th, 2016

Originally published in the Voice of the Valley, April 19, 2016

By Bill Kombol

This Ravensdale school building was built in 1904, likely incorporating the old school as the front wing.

This Ravensdale school building was built in 1904, likely incorporating the old school as the front wing.

The Ravensdale school district was created in 1892. The first one-room school was constructed in 1893 housing 16 students, but was designed for 36. A local sawmill provided jobs, as school enrollment ebbed and flowed with mill employment. However, the area wasn’t yet known as Ravensdale, it was just called District #109. (more…)

Read Full Post »