Archive for May 30th, 2017

Originally published in The Seattle Daily Times, May 30, 1896

Broad-gauge road to mines

Extensive improvements in view in Seattle on the company’s dockage—Ballast Island will have a fireproof brick warehouse

With the reorganization of the Oregon Improvement Company, whose principal holdings are at Seattle and in King County, are to come important and far-reaching improvements. The plan of reorganization has already been announced in New York as perfected by the committee of reorganization.

The old company is to be closed out and the new company with the old security-holders will buy it in, the old holders of security taking new stock in the proportion agreed upon. (more…)

Read Full Post »