Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for September 27th, 2017

Originally published in the Voice of the Valley, September 27, 1978

The Hobart gym, abandoned for years and still with windows boarded and needing paint, was used successfully last season for numerous volleyball games. It now appears it may be possible it may be possible through block grants funds to restore the building and make it once again a social center for the community as it was in earlier days.

The Hobart gym, abandoned for years and still with windows boarded and needing paint, was used successfully last season for numerous volleyball games. It now appears it may be possible it may be possible through block grants funds to restore the building and make it once again a social center for the community as it was in earlier days.

The Maple Valley Historical Society at its Sept. 18 meeting discussed three possible buildings or sites in the area which might qualify for inclusion in the State Historical Register or for block grant restoration money.

The gymnasium at the old Hobart School site was deemed the most historically significant building in that area by Jane Wissel, King County Historic Site researcher. (more…)

Read Full Post »

Originally published in the Pacific Coast Bulletin, September 27, 1923

This group shows some of the supervisors at Black Diamond Mine upon whose shoulders falls much of the responsibility for getting out the coal. From left to right, standing, Fireboss Henry Becker, Supt. J.J. Jones, Fireboss Gomer Evans, Lampman Elmer Hyneman, and Fireboss Richard Barry. Kneeling in front are Mine Foreman Dave Hughes and Mine Foreman Theo. Rouse. (more…)

Read Full Post »