Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for November 4th, 2017

Originally published in the BDHS newsletter, February 1992

By Ann Steiert

Antique sewing machines are on display on the lower level of the museum.

Antique sewing machines are on display on the lower level of the museum.

Most of the time when “old times” are written about there is a tendency to write about things long gone and completely antiquated. There is an organization that has been in existence since 1943 and is still meeting [1992]. It is the Lawson Hill Sewing Club.

In 1943 a group of ladies, all living on the hill, got together for a social evening. There were about 20, more or less, at the first meeting. The first meeting was held at the home of Fern Denny who lived in the house now occupied by the Joe Dal Santo family. (more…)

Read Full Post »