Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for May 20th, 2018

Originally published in The Seattle Daily Times, May 20, 1919

Athletic association organized at Black Diamond to promote sports

Black Diamond clubhouse, 1924

Black Diamond clubhouse, 1924

Delegates from the various mining camps of the Pacific Coast Coal Company met recently in Black Diamond and formed an athletic and first aid association which promises to become a factor in the community.

The object of the association is to promote clean sport, build and equip clubhouses at the various camps, and revive interest in healthful outdoor exercise. Two contests will be held in the near future, with prizes offered. The camps represented include Black Diamond, Newcastle, Issaquah, Burnett, Franklin, and the Seattle shops.

The following officers were selected to act as an advisory board: Ernest Newsham, honorary president; Stephen H. Green, honorary vice president; N.H. Freeman, president; Frank Rice, vice president; Dr. Mallory, treasurer; G.F. Clancey, secretary; one delegate from each camp.

Advertisements

Read Full Post »